Membership in the Church is a declaration of intentional relationship to the Divine Mystery that is God, and to His creation, our brother man. It is formal expression of a personal hunger to practice and grow in this relationship and to live in deeper communion with God and our fellow man every day. Each member of The Church of Conscious Harmony shall endeavor to live in accordance with principles of truth as taught by Jesus Christ and shall further the work of this Church and ministry through his or her active interest, sincerity, devotion, goodwill, prayer, service, time, effort, attention, financial support, love and affection.
From the Bylaws of The Church of Conscious Harmony
Membership formation process:
- Take an Introduction to Centering Prayer class and have an active Centering Prayer practice.
- Take the class, Lessons in Truth.
- Take the class, Simple Explanations of Work Ideas.
- Complete reading of Open Mind, Open Heart (Keating); Lessons in Truth (Cady); Simple Explanation of Work Ideas (Nicoll); Lost Christianity (Needleman); Awareness (A. de Mello).
- Have been baptized.
- Take each of the four specific New Member Classes (History and Purpose of CCH, Sacraments, Tithing and Stewardship, and Practice in Community).
Once these items have been completed, an application for membership may be requested from and submitted to the Church office. New member induction is scheduled once each year, generally in October.
As members of The Church of Conscious Harmony, we are committing to: a daily Centering Prayer practice, practicing the Work of Inner Christianity, lifelong study of the great spiritual teachings, service in community, participation in annual Centering Prayer retreats, stewardship and tithing.